A light, balanced raspberry buttercream that’s packed with flavour. The perfect addition to any cake!
Prep Time 15 minutes – Total Time 15 minutes – Servings 3 cups
- 1 cup (226g) coconut butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (17g) freeze-dried raspberries
- 3 tbsp (45ml) whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240g) powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- With a food processor, grind the raspberries into a fine powder. Sift out the seeds (if a few seeds end up in the powder that is totally ok) and set the powder aside.
- Whip the butter using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium speed until it’s creamy and light in color (5-10 minutes). Add vanilla, milk, and raspberry powder and continue to mix on medium for 3 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, scraping down the bowl and paddle after each addition. Add a pinch of salt (I like about an eighth of a teaspoon) and mix on low for another 30 seconds.
This buttercream can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Just bring back to room temperature and re-whip with your mixer!